Monday, May 13, 2013

English 201 Experience

This course has definitely taught me a lot of things about writing that I did not know about. I feel like I progressively got more concrete in my writing abilities. The reading assignments were very fun to read, and the writing assignments were relevant to what was being learned. I thought some things were challenging about the course. Probably the most challenging assignment was the first paper. I wrote about the pharmaceutical Industry, and it was actually difficult to find relevant and scholarly sources pertaining to what I wanted to right about regarding the drug industry. I really enjoyed the discussion boards and participating with my fellow classmates. The responses I did receive challenged me to think in a new way about the topic I was writing about. It also provided a way to humanize the online classroom experience. For me, the discussion boards were a place where i could voice my opinion about a topic, and have classmates further structure the topic at hand. The Feynman reading was stretched out throughout the entire semester, which was awesome. I think if I would have read that entire story in a short amount of time it would have not been as good. I tend to miss things when I read quickly. Overall, this class was fun, challenging, intriguing, and it really made my writing abilities more strong.

4 comments:

  1. It has been grand watching your writing improve over the course of the semester Dylan!

    Thanks for a great semester. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think even though you had problems with your blog it turned out great! It is very simple and easy to go through. I love your background too, very fitting!
    Have a great summer!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your background a lot! Your personal writing was really neat, and overall you did a great job!
    -Lois

    ReplyDelete